Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Agony aunt Savage is a real pain

By guest columnist Cleland Thom
A news website in Seattle has an agony aunt who puts the emphasis on agony.

The Seattle Stranger’s aunt is actually an aptly-named man called Dan Savage, who dispenses terrifying advice to readers needing help with their personal lives.

For instance, he told one long-suffering wife: "You roll up one of your stockings, put his b*lls in the toe, bolt a ball stretcher around his now-stocking-wrapped sack, and then unroll the stocking …"

Another faithful lady, calling herself the VanillaWife, told Savage: "My husband has seen a professional dominatrix for more than a decade. We've got to know her socially - she's a lovely person - but I feel she should stop charging my husband for sessions, as we are now friends. She enjoys her job."

Dan’s advice: "My lawyer enjoys his job, and I see him socially—and I pay him for his services, because he is a professional. The same goes for your husband's dom."

I was going to give you Dan’s address, so you could drop him a line. But maybe you’d prefer I didn’t.

Cleland Thom is director of CTJT, who run distance learning lifestyle journalism courses

No comments:

Post a Comment